February 16, 2011

Intro to this blog

In 2010 I launched russian-language blog BI Review (http://www.bi-review.ru) which is dedicated to Business Intelligence and Data Visualization, and where I used to share my thoughts about BI tools and market trends with russian-language audience. The blog has got some attention from readers and number of visits crossed the 1000 visits/month mark in a few month. I also noticed that some english-language readers of the blog tried to read it using Google translate services but I'm not sure whether this helped them a lot.

Therefore, to make things a bit simpler for them, I decided to start my english-language blog (the one you're reading now) dedicated to the same theme -- Data Visualization and Business Intelligence tools, Data Warehouses and Corporate Performance Management systems. This blog is not exact copy of the russian-language blog. First, it would be very time consuming to translate every article, and second, there are some thoughts I would like to share with the english-language audience solely.

Gradually, this blog became my main blog related to my professional activity. It is visited by more 3000 readers every month. Since I moved to Canada in 2012 I keep blogging only in English.

About me: I'm BI enthusiast since 2004. My professional bio is available at LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/dgudkov. Feel free to connect with me there or follow me (@dgudkov) on Twitter.

Enjoy and have fun!

Dmitry Gudkov